Section 1: Ultimate Warm-ups
- Arms: Beginner army crawls across the ground – Drag your body down the floor using your forearms.
- Legs: Frankenstein’s across the ground – Swing your legs up to your hands as you walk down the floor.
- Abs: Swimmers for 10 seconds – Kick your legs up and down as if you were swimming, without stopping.
- Core: Bear crawls across the ground – Crawl up and down the floor like a bear without letting your knees or elbows touch the group.
- Today you are going to work on CRAWLING.
- Here are the three CRAWLING tips that I want you to practice today:
- Keep your belly high.
- Do not let your elbows touch the ground.
- Do not let your bottom touch the pads.
Section 2: Skill-building drill (Do three sets)
- Cross the tracks: You will practice a CRAWLING by crab crawling over a row of five pillows. If you bottom touches a pillow, or your elbows touch the ground, then you must start over.
- Cups and saucers: You will practice bear crawling around the floor while flipping over six paper cups and 6 paper plates.
Section 3: Partner stretches
- Sitting hamstring stretch for 10 seconds – Reach down towards your toes and go as far as you can without bending your knees. Your partner will apply gentle pressure to their back pushing them a little farther down.
- Butterfly stretch 10 seconds – Sit down with your knees bent and feet in. Touch the bottom of your feet together and hold your toes. You will lean forward lowering your head as far as you can go. Your partner will assist by pushing your back a little farther down.
- Chest stretch for 10 seconds – Sit with legs crossed. Extend your arms straight behind your back. Your partner will gently pull your hands towards each other while slightly lifting up at the same time.
- Straddle stretch 10 seconds – Sit in split position with both feet out to the sides, knees straight. Lean and reach as far forward as you can. Your partner will then apply gently pressure to push you farther forward.
For more information on all the amazing things that Skillz are doing for martial arts schools across the world please go to their website and discover how they can help your school.
To learn more about at home training with 20/20 Armor go to https://store.2020armor.com/pages/why-2020-armor-at-home-academy