Section 1: Dynamic Warm-ups
- Arms: 1-arm push-ups for 10 reps – You will lift your body off the ground with one arm while keeping your body as perfectly aligned as possible and then lower your body back to the ground.
- Legs: Squat jump tucks for 10 reps – You jump as high as you can and grab your knees while in the air.
- Abs: Leg raises for 10 reps – You will raise and lower your legs non-stop within a 6-inch segment and without letting your feet touch the ground. Try to keep your feet together.
- Core: Crazy crabs for 10 reps – You will alternate tapping your shoulders while kicking with the opposite leg.
- Today you are going to work on COURAGE.
- Here are the three COURAGE tips that I want you to practice today:
- Face the person you are defending yourself from.
- Respond with a loud confident reply.
- Step back with your hands up, palms facing the bully.
Section 2: Skill-building drill (Do three sets)
- Beat the bully: In this drill, your partner will pretend like he/ she is a bully and try to push you. With your palms up facing the bully, you will raise your arms in the air, deflecting the push, and then step back and loudly say: “Stay back!” Repeat this drill five time, getting louder and faster each time.
- Protect the pad: You will protect a pillow as your partner tries to take it away from you for 10 seconds.
Section 3: Dynamic stretches
- Hold half kneeling hamstring stretch for 10 seconds – Stand with your feet double shoulder width apart. Bend on knee while keeping the other straight.
- Windmill for 10 reps – Stand with both feet double shoulder width apart and hands out to the sides. Lean forward reaching with your left and try and touch your right foot without bending your knees. Stand back up and repeat to the other side.
- Stretch outside crescent kicks for 10 reps – Stand in a guarding stance. Swing your rear leg to perform an outside crescent kick. Focus on keeping your leg straight on each kick.
- Kneeling sideways leg swings 10 reps – Kneel with one knee on the floor and the other leg straight. You can use your hands for balance if needed. Swing your leg up and to the side without falling over.
For more information on all the amazing things that Skillz Connect are doing for martial arts schools across the world please go to their website and discover how they can help your school.
To learn more about at home training with 20/20 Armor go to https://store.2020armor.com/pages/why-2020-armor-at-home-academy